Business Focused Commercial Litigation Attorney
A Concrete Plan of Action in New Jersey
Business disputes can slow down or cripple a company. When that happens, you need a lawyer who understands the stakes and how to win for you — fast. I will learn your business, fiercely defend your position, and drive toward a positive result. I will focus my attention on the problem, so you can run the company. I will offer you a concrete plan of action that we can execute with single-minded intensity and focus to achieve your business needs.
- Contract disputes, drafting & review
- Commercial litigation
- Business transactions and disputes
- Corporate compliance, governance, management, and contracts
- Consumer fraud
- Employment matters
Tom Hartmann brings unparalleled experience to his clients with 30 years of commercial, business and civil litigation experience. He has litigated many hundreds of cases during that entire period, while also serving as a General Counsel for four companies, two of which were major subsidiaries of AT&T and two of which had annual revenues between $500 million and $1 billion.
Mr. Hartmann served his country in the Air Force for over 32 years of active duty and reserve service, achieving the rank of Brigadier General and serving around the globe, including as Chief Air Force Prosecutor in Japan, Korea, Guam and the Philippines. He also served at the Pentagon, working closely with the DoD General Counsel and the Deputy Secretary of Defense. He testified before the Senate, held major national press conferences, and was featured in the national press.
Experienced Commercial Attorney in Somerset, Union, Morris and Middlesex Counties
At the Hartmann Law Firm LLC, I handled hundreds and hundreds of cases involving contract disputes, real estate disputes, payment and collection matters, interference with business relations, fraud and misrepresentation, failure to pay overtime, wrongful termination, protection of intellectual property, non-compete disputes, denial of unemployment benefits and pension, online defamation, denial of Veteran's benefits, business break ups, family business disputes, landlord tenant disputes, limiting collections from international litigation, intellectual property protection, independent contractor matters, condominium disputes, filing bankruptcy claims, and dealing with planning boards, among many others. My experience as a litigator and General Counsel for businesses stretches nearly 40 years. I have provided the following support to clients:
- Civil litigator at Bryan Cave LLP and at SBC Communications (now AT&T), where I handled complex litigation, motions, appeals, trials, and arbitrations
- Senior Mergers and Acquisitions Counsel for SBC Communications, where I closed multiple deals worth several billion dollars in the U.S., Europe, and South America
- General Counsel with SBC Communications, Orius Corp, and MXenergy, Inc., in domestic and international settings where I resolved hundreds of business conflicts, from contract disputes to class actions, bankruptcy, and temporary restraining orders
- Prosecutor and defense counsel in the Air Force, including as Chief Air Force Prosecutor in Japan, Korea, Guam, and the Philippines dealing with felony matters, such as murder, manslaughter, sex offenses, drug conspiracies, and aggravated assaults
Contact My Office for a Consultation
For more information about my practice, and to speak with me about your legal issues, e-mail the Hartmann Law Firm LLC and schedule an appointment. Call my office in Watchung at 203-451-6919 to get the single-minded representation that you deserve.